10 of the Top 64 Settlements of 2018 in Virginia
Breit Drescher Imprevento and Cantor Stoneburner Ford Grana Buckner will soon officially merge to form the new law firm of Breit Cantor Grana Buckner. Together, our teams of Virginia personal injury attorneys will be well-equipped to take on virtually any serious injury claim in Virginia. In fact, we are already making a splash! Our firms helped secure 10 of the top 64 settlements of 2018 in Virginia, according to recent reports from Virginia Lawyers Weekly.
Take a look at our 10 settlements that made the list:
- #4 — $4.7 million settlement secured for the family of a construction worker who died in a crane accident.
- #6 — $4 million settlement secured for a man who suffered traumatic brain injury (TBI) in a tractor-trailer collision.
- #16 — $2 million settlement secured for a man whose appendix cancer was not diagnosed despite comprehensive CT testing indicating the presence of the cancer. He now requires 24/7 care after a permanent urostomy and colostomy.
- #22 — $1.8 million settlement secured for a woman who was struck by a mowing tractor and suffered catastrophic injuries, including a TBI.
- #25 — $1.75 million settlement secured for a man who was hit in a head-on collision and suffered spinal cord damage. Defendants conceded liability but contested extent of the client’s injuries.
- #35 (related claim) — $1.4 million settlement secured for a man who was severely injured in a head-on collision involving a commercial van.
- #35 (related claim) — $1.4 million settlement secured for plaintiff injured in the same commercial van accident described above.
- #42 — $1.275 million settlement secured for the family of a man who was struck and killed by a motorcyclist who had been engaging in an illegal street racing at the time of the crash.
- #46 — $1.2 million settlement secured in a medical malpractice claim for an elderly woman who was “over-embolized” during a preoperative renal arteriogram and suffered complications.
- #57 — $1 million settlement secured for client who suffered serious injuries in a head-on collision, amounting to more than $300,000 in medical costs.
What makes our team at Breit Drescher Imprevento even more proud of this list of top settlements is that some of these cases were handled by members from our firm and Cantor Stoneburner Ford Grana Buckner in co-counsel collaboration. We already know that we work greatly together, so we cannot wait to see what our merged firm can accomplish for the good people of Virginia.
To get a Virginia personal injury attorney on your side for a claim of your own, call (757) 330-4099. We offer free, no-obligation consultations to inquiring clients who have been seriously injured at no fault of their own.